Cross & Crown Lutheran Church, located in Matthews, N.C., seeks applications for a part-time Director of Music position. The position is for 20-25 hours per week to be determined by the Director of Music in consultation with the Senior Pastor. Base salary will be commensurate with education and experience and is negotiable. The Director of Music leads the music ministry at Cross & Crown. This includes collaborating with the Pastors and the Worship & Music Committee to develop a robust and well-rounded music ministry for the Cross & Crown community.
Responsibilities and Expectations (including but are not limited to the following):
- Demonstrated skill and competency to play both piano and organ; lead congregational singing; and have experience in choral direction and accompanying.
- Working knowledge of other musical instruments, including handbells, hand chimes and guitar is preferred. Additional training in choral music and conducting is also preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the music repertoire available for worship across a diverse selection of musical groups in the church’s music ministry.
- Ability to work with multiple age groups.
- Collaborate with pastoral staff to choose worship settings and plan special services (e.g., Christmas, Lent, Easter, and memorial services)
- Work with the Cross & Crown Weekday School to provide a regular program of music for the children.
- Work with Sunday School Coordinator to provide a music program/component for kids and youth.
- Conduct weekly choir rehearsals as well as handbell and handchimes rehearsals. Serve as director of these groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or church music required
- Minimum five years experience in a similar role
- Availability to work Sunday through Thursday
- Knowledge of Liturgical worship principles is preferred
- Enthusiastic. Organized. Excellent personal communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) are essential.
- Ability to cultivate a warm, inviting and energizing environment for the music program.
To apply, please electronically submit a letter of interest or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed starting June 1, 2019.